Billion Dollar Beauty


By Yan Trokel, MD, DDS, at 3:21 pm

Y LIFT Blog Author

Yan Trokel, MD

Y LIFT | 30-Minute Miracle Facelift

New York | Beverly Hills | Coral Springs

www.YLIFT.com

Friday, March 30, 2012

Billion Dollar Beauty

In 2011, 9.2 million cosmetic procedures (surgical and nonsurgical) were performed in the United States and cost nearly 10 billion dollars.

 

That is a 197 percent increase in procedures performed since 1997 according to the American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery.

18 percent of the 9.2 million procedures were surgical. The most common were liposuction, tummy tuck, breast lift, breast augmentation and eyelid surgery. The remaining 82 percent consisted mostly of BOTOX, hyaluronic acid injections (facial/dermal fillers), intense pulse light laser treatments, laser hair removal and microdermabrasion.

With the rise of social media, selfies, and video chat technology, more and more people are noticing things they would like to change about themselves. The amount of money spent is surely due to rise even higher in the coming years.

Window width :

Window height :

Requetes: 114
Secondes: 1.562
Page ID : 1019
Liste catégories
  • Uncategorized : 1
  • News : 5
  • Testimonials : 19
  • Tv : 734
  • ALL : 784
  • Y LIFT : 785
  • Y EYE : 786
  • CH YNJECTION : 790
  • Mobile Slider : 1315
  • HANDS : 1321
  • PROVIDER QUOTES : 2210
  • CERTIFIED Y LIFT PROVIDER RESULTS : 2211
  • Y LIFT S : 2303
  • YNOPLASTY : 2305
  • kYss : 2347
  • Men : 2396